Acai has become the latest superfood and I totally get why! Not only are these berries packed full of antioxidants, they taste AMAZING too!! You can blend it with any frozen fruit, coconut water or coconut milk and decorate these beautiful smoothie bowls with so many different toppings. Head over to Instagram and search #acai or even better, head to Bali for creative acai bowls inspo. I couldn’t believe how beautifully presented all the acai bowls are in Bali, nearly every restaurant we went too had a beautiful acai bowl on the menu! Yum!
Acai Berry Bowl with Puffed Rice Topping
Write a review
- 1 cup puffed brown rice
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp acai berry powder
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup coconut water
- Fresh fruit to top
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Add puffed rice, coconut flakes, chia seeds, sesame seeds, maple syrup and coconut oil to a small mixing bowl and mix until everything is fully combined
- Spread topping onto baking tray and bake for 5 minutes until slightly golden. Remove from the oven and turn the topping.
- Return to the oven for a further 2 minutes.
- To make the acai smoothie, add acai powder, frozen bananas, berries and coconut water to a high power blender or food processor and blitz on high until everything is fully combined and creamy.
- Serve the smoothie in bowls topped with puffed rice topping and chopped fruit of choice.
- Store puffed rice topping in an airtight jar.
- Mix and match any topping on these bowls - nut butter, choc chips, nuts, dried and fresh fruit all work really well. The more colour the better! Have bananas and berries peeled and pre-washed in the freezer at all times ready to go.
Carrotsticks and Cravings http://carrotsticksandcravings.com/