This is my favourite salad at the moment, I have been making it over and over again to take to BBQs and for an easy mid week meal.
This salad is jam packed with all sorts of goodness, the crunch and sweetness from the apple really compliments the salad and works perfectly with the avocado dressing.
What you’ll need (for 2 people)
1 chicken breast
2 pink lady apples
1 celery stick
2 spring onions
3 springs of coriander
1 tin of chickpeas
1/2 cup crushed almonds
Blue cheese to top (optional)
For the Dressing
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp flaxseed oil
1 clove of garlic
1 mashed avocado
Salt and Pepper
– Chop all the salad ingredients into small pieces and add to a salad bowl
– Cut the chicken into cubes and lightly fry in coconut oil
– Allow chicken to cool slightly and add to the salad
– In a jar mix all the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad
– Toss everything together, top with blue cheese if desired and enjoy!