Growing up in a small country town I was pretty spoilt for fresh seafood and different types of fish. Diving for abalone after school with my dad and very regularly having the fridge stocked with a whole yellow fin tuna or albacore.
Recently I have been lucky enough to get to try some amazing different types of Alaskan wild caught fish from The Alaska Guys that I have never previously eaten. And I have loved getting creative in the kitchen with new ingredients and new flavours and absolutely loving all this alaskan seafood.
This Asian style Halibut is amazing, the halibut melts in your mouth and goes perfectly with the Asian flavours. This is a great every day meal and would also make for a very impressive Asian themed dinner party.
Its easy to make, healthy, full of colour and amazing flavours . I’m now Halibut obsessed so stay tuned for more Halibut recipes in the new year.
What you’ll need
2 fillets Alaskan Halibut
3 sping onions, diced
1 red chilli
1 clove crushed garlic
½ cm sliced lemongrass
1 tsp orange zest
1 tbsp soy
1 tsp sesame oil
Sea salt and cracked pepper
6 heads bok choy
½ red bell pepper
– Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees and place 2 large pieces of baking paper on oven tray
– In a small jar with lid, mix together the finely diced spring onion, chilli, garlic, lemongrass, orange zest, soy, sesame oil and salt and pepper and shake well
– Wash and cut ends off bok choy and line up in the middle of each baking paper sheet.
– Peel and julienne the carrots and cut red bell pepper into matchsticks and arrange on both the sheets with the bok choy.
– Place halibut fillets on top of the veggies and pour marinade over the fish fillets
– Wrap the fillets like a parcel so the fish is completely covered, folding over itself
– Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until fish is cooked through and enjoy with some brown rice