This is such an easy mid week meal that we are forever making in our house. You can serve this chicken with any salad or veggies but I love this Kale and mint salad, It really compliments the spices in the chicken and is light and easy.
This is Toms favourite go to dish as its so easy to make and I can rattle off the recipe to him from my head we have made it so many time, apologies I didn’t think of sharing the recipe until now!
What you’ll need (for 2)
2 skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp chinese five spice powder
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp soy sauce
1 clove crushed garlic
1 tsp olive oil
3/4 cup natural yoghurt
2 cups of mixed salad leaves ( I used kale, rocket and sprouts)
1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
1 small red onion
1 sweet corn cob
1/4 cup torn mint leaves
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
– In a bowl mix the spices, soy, garlic, oil and yoghurt together
– Coat the chicken in the marinate and let it sit in the fridge completely covered in marinate for at least 4 hours (Ive done this in the morning and let it marinate all day the longer the better)
– When its time to cook pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C
– Fry the chicken in a pan for 2 minutes either side
– Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through
– Prepare the salad
– Slice the chicken into thick slices, serve on top of the salad and enjoy!