Quick on the run breakfasts are what I end up having most of the week. After spending most of the morning trying to get the kids breaky ready, trying to get them to eat said breakfast, separate a twin fight or 2 and bribe them to get dressed for school and finally get them out the door, I normally end up either eating a bowl of granola in the car, a quick slice of bread or these great little bacon and egg cups. They taste amazing and a great one to make at the start of the week to get you through a week of busy mornings. The kids love these as an afternoon snack too!
Bacon & Egg On The Run
Write a review
- 1 leek
- ½ head broccoli
- Avocado oil
- ½ cup organic frozen peas
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 6 bacon rashers
- 12 organic eggs
- 12 asparagus spears
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC. Line 12 muffin tins with baking paper or non-stick muffin wrappers.
- Dice leek and broccoli into small pieces and sauté in frying pan with dash of avocado oil, peas, salt and pepper until leek is soft.
- Halve each rasher of bacon and line the bottom and side of each muffin wrapper.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of the green mix into the bottom of each muffin.
- Crack one egg into each muffin, top with asparagus and cherry tomato and bake for 15 minutes until egg is cooked through.
Carrotsticks and Cravings http://carrotsticksandcravings.com/