Nothing beats a good old classic banana bread recipe! It’s one of those comfort foods, and the wonderful aroma wafting through the house as it bakes puts everyone in a good mood. Since it’s the summer holidays, I have added a little twist to my Banana Blueberry Bread recipe by turning it into cupcakes topped with cream cheese or lemon frosting or dusted with icing sugar to give the kids a sweet treat and keep them busy during the school holidays with this fun and tasty baking session!
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large ripe bananas
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup natural yoghurt
1/3 cup coconut oil
100 grams blueberries
1.Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a bread tin or small cake tin with baking paper.
2. Sift flours into a medium mixing bowl with all dry ingredients.
3. Puree the banana and add to a small mixing bowl with eggs, milk, yoghurt and oil. Whisk.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
5. Add washed blueberries and mix through lightly.
6. Pour mixture into the lined tin and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Mixture also makes 18 muffins/cupcakes – bake for 20 minutes.