We have family coming to visit for Christmas and our nephew is gluten and dairy free so I’ve been playing around with some recipes so he doesn’t have to miss out on all the yummy Christmas treats.
These banana nut fudge balls are amazing and are a perfect alternative for rum balls that all kids will love and are reasonably healthy too.
These freeze perfectly so you can make them now and take them out at Christmas for everyone to enjoy.
What you’ll need
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup raw almond butter
1/4 cup pure cocoa powder
1 tsp sugar or honey (if desired)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup shredded or desiccated coconut
1/2 cup finely crushed almonds or almond meal
– Mash the banana in a bowl and add almond butter, cocoa, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, coconut and crushed almonds.
– Combine all ingredients until a smooth cake like mixture is formed
– Add more crushed almonds if needed to make the mixture stick
– Roll out 1 tbsp balls of the mixture and dip in some extra coconut to coat
– Place balls in an air tight container lined with baking paper and baking paper between each row of balls and refrigerate or freeze