Blueberries were on sale this week so I went absolutely nuts adding blueberries to everything! I have made this recipe a few times before trying to perfect it along the way and I’ve finally come up with the perfect blueberry and banana bread.
Today I made my famous coconut lemon curd to go with it and it was absolutely delicious. The best part about this bread is it is so versatile, In the past I have used it for muffin mixture and have even doubled the mixture and made 2 breads and frozen one in slices for play dates or when people stop by unexpectedly.
This is such a great simple recipe using ingredients you would most likely already have in the house – give it a go!
What you’ll need for the banana bread
3/4 cup self raising flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 ripe bananas
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup natural yoghurt
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 punnet of blueberries
What you’ll need for the lemon curd
1/4 cup honey
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup of lemon juice
6 tbsp coconut oil
– Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C
– Grease a bread tin with coconut oil
– Mix all the dry ingredients together
– Mash banana and eggs in a bowl, add milk, yoghurt, oil and mix
– Add washed blueberries and mix through lightly
– Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
– While the bread is baking add all the curd ingredients into a saucepan and whisk over a medium heat
– Continue to mix until the curd becomes thick and starts to bubble
– Once bubbling remove from the heat and strain
– Refrigerate until set and thickened
– Serve bread warm with lemon curd spread on top and enjoy!