Who doesn’t love pancakes? This is my favourite pancake recipe, I make it all the time for the whole family. It is such a simple and healthy recipe and It tastes better than the shop bought mix anyway, topped with fresh fruits it is the perfect sweet breakfast!
After going to boot camp this morning I was crazy hungry so I put these together for my breakfast and for the twins lunch – they’re having a 3 course lunch today lucky little bubbas!
What you’ll need
1 mashed ripe banana
1/3 cup buckwheat or wholemeal flour (I used buckwheat today hence the darker colour pancakes)
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp natural yoghurt
Dash of cinnamon
8 mashed blueberries (optional)
For the topping (you can use any fruits or berries really)
1/2 cup blueberries
2 tbsp orange juice
Shredded coconut to top
– Mash banana and blueberries in a mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, yoghurt and eggs and mix with a fork until smooth and combined
– Chop mango and blueberries and squeeze orange juice over the top, set aside until pancakes are ready
– Heat coconut oil in a medium frying pan and pour spoonfuls of the pancake mix into the pan (you can make them whatever size you like)
– Flip pancakes once small bubbles start to appear, they take less than 45 seconds each side so watch they don’t burn
– Serve topped with Mango mixture and shredded coconut and enjoy!