My kids love French toast! Since they were babies, I’ve been making them this Cinnamon French Toast – it is probably the easiest recipe ever and a regular in our household. Occasionally, I’ll get creative and add some crispy maple bacon to this or fresh pears and berries on top of our fresh toast and it is delicious! I use my own homemade sourdough bread slices which are a mix of spelt, rye and bread flour that I bake every second or third day. I find sourdough the best bread for digestion and it tastes amazing too!
Cinnamon French Toast
Write a review
- 3-4 slices of good quality sourdough
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ -1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Bananas or berries, and honey to serve
- Whisk eggs, almond milk and cinnamon together.
- Soak bread slices in the egg mixture for 2 minutes until egg is absorbed into the bread slices.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the toasts for 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
- Serve with sliced bananas or berries, and some raw honey.
Carrotsticks and Cravings http://carrotsticksandcravings.com/