I love eggplant and Tom hates it so I am always trying to find new creative ways to cook with eggplant so that he likes it. These got the tick of approval from tom and the twins loved them too.
You can really put whatever toppings you like on the eggplants, today I made them with ham, cheese and tomato sauce but in the past I have used ham, cheese & pineapple, Spinach, cheese & chicken and tomato, cheese and pepperoni.
You can be as creative with these little mini eggplant based pizzas as you like, the kids will love them and they are great finger food for parties too.
What you’ll need
4 tbsp pasta sauce (http://carrotsticksandcravings.com/pizzapasta-sauce/)
2 slices of leg ham
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
– Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C
– Slice the eggplant into 1cm rounds
– Put eggplant on a baking tray lined with baking paper and put in the oven for 10 minutes
– Remove from the oven and add tomato pasta sauce to each one
– Top with oregano, ham and cheese and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes
– Serve hot and enjoy