This is a recipe that my sister passed down to me, and our aunty passed it down to her and our grandma passed it down to her so its safe to say its a family favourite!
This slice always comes out for Birthdays, Easter, Christmas and any celebration really and is my favourite no bake slice.
It is perfect to keep in the freezer and bring out when friends unexpectedly pop over and is so easy to make and uses ingredients that I always have in the pantry.
What you’ll need
1 packet or 250 grams marie biscuits
100 grams digestive biscuits
2 cups desiccated coconut
1 tin condensed milk
250 grams butter
zest of 2 lemons
For the icing
2 cups icing sugar
1 cup lemon juice
30 grams butter
– In a food processor crush biscuits until medium – fine crumbs are formed
– In a saucepan heat butter and condensed milk until butter is melted on low heat
– Stir lemon rind into the condensed milk mix
– Combine crushed biscuits and coconut
– Add condensed milk mixture to the biscuits and stir until combined
– Press out mixture into a rectangle slice tray and refrigerate until cold before icing
– To make the icing add melted butter to the icing sugar and lemon juice bit by bit until it forms a smooth consistency, you can add more lemon juice or icing sugar if needed
– Top the slice with the icing and sprinkle with some extra desiccated coconut and return to the fridge until icing sets
– This can be kept in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 10 days or frozen for up to 1 month.
– Cut into small 1 inch squares and enjoy!