Firstly I’d like to apologise for my lack of recipe posts lately, we are expecting baby #3 and it has been a bit of a rough pregnancy filled with lots of morning sickness, extreme exhaustion and of course having to tackle 2 very active toddlers!
I’m half way through my pregnancy now, feeling much better and the cravings are now in full swing! I had a similar Mexican corn at one of my fav restaurants a few months back and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since – yes its sad, I day dream about corn!
This took a bit of trial and error but I have now perfected this recipe and we cant get enough of it, Its is so tasty we have had it the last 2 nights and plan to do a bigger batch for a bbq with friends next week. This goes perfectly with bbq steaks, chicken & salad or anything really. It is messy but is so finger licking good – literally you will be licking your fingers afterwards!
What you’ll need (for 2)
2 corn cobs
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 clove crushed garlic
1 tsp chopped coriander
6 tsp Mexican chilli powder (I make my own in big batches which consists of equal portions paprika, chilli powder, garlic powder, onion powder & oregano) or you could use a store bought Mexican spice powder
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup parmesan – I use parmigiano reggiano
– Boil corn in a saucepan and cook until soft 5-10 minutes
– Pre heat the BBQ or a grill pan (I prefer the BBQ as it gives it a great smokey flavour)
– Coat the corn in 4 tsp of the Mexican chilli powder and butter
– In a bowl mix sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper, coriander, 2 remaining tsp Mexican chilli powder and lime juice and mix together – taste and add more chilli powder or lime juice if needed
– Grill corn until browned and crispy (the butter will help with this) turn the corn so its evenly grilled
– Serve while hot and cover with grate parmigiano reggiano
– Pour the sour cream mixture over the top
– I use all the sour cream mix as it is an amazing flavour to soak up steaks or anything else you serve it with, enjoy!!