Lamb and potatoes are my husband Tom’s favourite foods so he isn’t that hard to please.
Living in Singapore where lamb is quite expensive we don’t eat it near as much lamb as we would like to and always stock up when we go back to Aus but last night I decided to make this pistachio crusted rack of lamb with parsnip and carrot puree and tangy greens.
Apparently this is now Tom’s new favourite food!
What you’ll need (for 2 people)
1 rack of lamb (8 small cutlets)
1 slice of day old wholemeal bread
2 springs of thyme
1 spring of rosemary
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 cup pistachios
10 asparagus stalks
handful french green beans
handful of cherry tomatoes
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
1 tbsp natural yoghurt
– Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C
– In a blender or food processor add bread, pistachios, thyme, rosemary and garlic and blend until it forms crumbs
– Peel and dice the parsnip, potatoes and carrots and add to a saucepan of boiling water
– Add a spring of thyme and 1/2 clove garlic to the saucepan too and boil until vegetables are soft
– Coat the rack of lamb in the crumbs and put in the oven for 30 minutes
– To a small baking dish add cherry tomatoes, asparagus and beans
– Top the vegetables with lemon juice, thyme, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil
– Add the green veggies to the oven as you pull out the lamb (after 30 minutes)
– Cover the lamb in al foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes
– Blend the root vegetables with some natural yoghurt in a blender to make a puree
– Serve lamb cut into 2 cutlets on a bed of puree with tangy greens and tomatoes on the side and enjoy!