So as I’m sure everyone knows caulirice is all the rage at the moment, everybody is doing it and I am absolutely converted!
For those who don’t know what it is, its just cauliflower blitzed in a food processor or blender until it becomes to a rice or cous cous consistency and then cooked. So firstly if you don’t like the taste of cauliflower then this isn’t for you as unfortunatly it doesn’t magically turn the cauliflower into carb free rice, Its just a great healthy substitute!
We have been using caulirice in everything lately, with curries & as a salad base and this recipe is one of my favourites – kale and pomegranate you can’t go wrong!
What you’ll need
half a head of cauliflower
1/2 red onion
1/2 clove crushed garlic
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup water
1 big bunch of kale
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup almonds
2 tbsp lemon juice
– Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C
– Wash and then chop the cauliflower into florets
– Put in the food processor and blend until it forms a rice/cous cous texture
– In a frying pan sauté the garlic and onion
– Add the cauliflower, water and salt and pepper and stir for a few minutes until the cauliflower is soft, cover with frypan lid and set aside
– To make the kale chips, cut out the stems of the kale and cut into 1 inch pieces and add to a bowl
– Mix through 1/2 tbsp olive oil (a little more if needed) and with your hands mix through the kale until each piece is lightly coated, crack sea salt over the kale and place on baking trays lined with baking paper
– Bake the kale for approx 10-15 minutes or until slightly browned and crispy
– Mix the caulirice, pomegranate, kale chips and lemon juice together in a bowl and top with sliced almonds
– Perfect served as a side salad and the kids LOVE it!