This is the healthiest chicken nugget recipe ever! I made it up on the spur of the moment and they were absolutely delicious.
For those who’s kids love chicken nuggets this is a perfect healthy option for you and they are really easy to make.
The nuggets can be frozen before cooked so you have them on hand for a later time and this crazy good relish will keep perfectly for a few weeks in an air tight jar in the fridge.
What you’ll need
2 chicken breasts
1/3 cup quinoa seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
4 basil leaves
Sprinkle of paprika
What you’ll need for the relish
2 red onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 large red chilli
2 small green chillies
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
– Dice tomatoes, onion, chillies and crushed garlic and add to a saucepan with apple cider vinegar and sugar
– Heat relish mix over medium heat for 40 minutes until caramelised, soft and fragrant
– Add quinoa, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, paprika and basil to a blender and process
– Chop the chicken into rectangular cubes (the shape of chicken nuggets)
– Beat and Egg in a bowl and add the quinoa and seed mixture to another bowl
– Dip the chicken in the egg and then into the quinoa mixture and place them on a tray
– Bake for 7 minutes each side until crispy brown, you can also fry them in some sesame or coconut oil until browned
– Serve with a fresh side salad and relish on the side and enjoy!