We love hummus in our household and I’m always coming up with new hummus combinations to mix it up.
I make a batch of hummus at the start of every week and it usually only lasts a day or so as we use it for everything and the twins love it!
It is great used as a spread on wraps or sandwiches or as a dip with some raw vegetables.
What you’ll need
1 tin chickpeas drained
1 red bell pepper
1/2 spring rosemary
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp oil
Salt and pepper
1 red large chilli
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp sesame seeds
3 tbsp lemon juice
– Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees C
– Chop the pepper into quarters removing the stem and seeds
– Place bell pepper on a baking tray with chopped red chilli, clove of garlic and drizzle with oil, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper
– Put in the oven for 15 minutes or until the skin is browned
– Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender including the red pepper
– Blend until completely combined and smooth
– Serve with pita chips and raw vegetables and enjoy