I haven’t made this recipe in years & I don’t know why because its one of my all time favourites and is so unbelievably quick and easy.
I love smoked salmon & everybody knows cream cheese & smoked salmon are perfect together.
This is great for lunch or a light dinner served with salad, also perfect for when you have a few friends around for lunch and don’t want the hassle of preparing a big meal.
What you’ll need
1/4 cup milk
100grams smoked salmon
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp chopped dill
1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 small red onion
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup tasty cheese – optional
– Wash and peel potatoes and cut into thin slices
– Add potato to a pot of boiling water and cook until soft, but not so soft that they fall apart
– Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C
– In a bowl mix eggs, milk, chopped herbs, diced smoked salmon pieces, chopped spinach and salt and pepper and mix
– Once potato is cooked drain away water and add to the egg mixture
– In a frying pan with a metal handle (must be fully metal as the whole pan goes in the oven) add coconut oil and red onion on medium heat
– Cook red onion slightly until soft then pour over the egg mixture
– Using 2 teaspoons spoon small amounts of cream cheese on top evenly through the frittata (as much as desired)
– Push the egg mix over to cover the cream cheese balls and cover the top with tasty cheese if using it
– After about 1 minute on the stove top or once the side of the frittata looks like its cooked and sticking to the pan transfer the frittata to the oven for another 10-12 minutes
– Serve hot with a side salad and enjoy!