We have just arrived back from a 2 week trip back to Melbourne (home.) We had a brilliant trip but after a very long delayed flight back and far too much over indulging while away all I wanted for dinner last night was a fresh healthy and light meal.
This is one of my favourite salads, perfect for a salad to go with any meat or a BBQ or just on its own as a lighter meal.
What you’ll need
1 small cucumber
Handful of cherry tomatoes
2 springs italian parsley
8 asparagus spears
1 ball buffalo mozzarella
1 tbsp pesto
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– Dice cucumber, cherry tomatoes, avocado and chop parsley and add to a salad bowl
– Chop asparagus into 2 cm pieces and cover with boiling water for 5 minutes
– Drain water and add asparagus to salad and toss
– Mix pesto, lemon juice and balsamic in a jar
– Slice buffalo mozzarella and add with desired amount of dressing and enjoy