I have just returned from an amazing week in India. It was my first time in india and I fell in love with the place, the food the culture, the people absolutely everything! The food in India was so amazing, and after a week I don’t think I can face another delicious flavour full curry, but I am still dreaming about the flavours of the Masala Chai!
These pancakes are my normal go to pancake mixture but I’ve added turmeric, cinnamon and chai flavours to them, simply because turmeric is great for us and it makes the pancakes a vibrant bright yellow! Perfect “sunshine pancakes” as the kids called them today!
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ vanilla bean scrapped
- Pinch nutmeg or cardamom
- Coconut oil for frying
- Coconut yogurt and fresh fruit for serving
- Add banana to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Whisk together banana mixture, eggs, almond meal, vanilla, and spices until fully combined.
- Over medium-high heat add a dash of coconut oil to a non-stick pan.
- Pour mixture into the pan into whatever size you want the pancakes.
- Flip pancakes once the sides start to look cooked (approx. 45 seconds per side).
- Stack pancakes with yogurt, fresh fruit, nuts or a drizzle of honey and enjoy!