I’ve come to the conclusion that if I’m to ever to get recipes up here on my site I need to write them as I’m eating them because usually by the time I go to write the recipe I’ve created, either the kids have drawn all over my scribbled notes of the recipe, the dog has eaten it or I was in such a rush that I can’t read my own writing (all have happened before in my house – multiple times)!!
So I’m sitting here eating my fresh, healthy lunch of zucchini tabbouleh – a great salad that is perfect for lunches and it lasts well too. It goes without saying, it will also be served tonight for some dinner with some grilled eye fillet on the side.
- 1 large raw zucchini
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 large truss tomatoes
- 1 cup mixed cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tin chickpeas – washed and drained
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup flat parsley leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp good quality EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Dice the zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes and red onion into small cubes.
- Add to a salad bowl with drained chickpeas, chopped herbs, lemon juice, EVOO, salt and pepper and toss everything together.
- Serve with grilled protein of choice or by itself and enjoy!