I am blueberry obsessed this week! When I told Tom what I was making for dinner tonight he was very sceptical but sure enough his plate was empty within minutes after I put it in front of him!
The different textures in this dish really compliment each other and the spice and sweetness from the blueberry salsa finishes off the salmon perfectly.
I know it sounds like a bizarre combination but give it a try you’ll be pleasantly surprised, the best dinner I have made in a long time!
What you’ll need (serves 2)
2 fillets of fresh salmon
Juice of 1 lemon
100 grams of blueberries
1 small red chilli
2 small green chilli
1 large red chilli
1/2 red bell pepper
6 stalks coriander
1 sweet potato
1/2 cauliflower head
1/2 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp butter
1 tbsp natural yoghurt
1 spring onion
Salt and pepper
8 asparagus stalks
1/2 tsp olive oil
– Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C
– Squeeze lemon juice over the top of the salmon and wrap in al foil
– Peel and cut potatoes, sweet potatoes and cauliflower and put in saucepan of boiling water
– Sprinkle paprika, olive oil some chopped coriander and lemon juice over the asparagus and put on oven tray with the salmon
– Put in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes
– Wash the blueberries and mash 1/2 of them in a bowl
– Chop remainder of the blueberries in half and add to mixing bowl along with chopped chillies and bell pepper
– Add chopped coriander and remainder of the lemon juice to the blueberry mixture and set aside until ready to serve
– Once vegetables are soft, drain and add to blender with butter, yoghurt, salt, pepper, spring onion and garlic and puree until smooth
– Plate up Salmon on top of the puree topped with blueberry salsa and asparagus on the side, serve and enjoy!