Tom and I are dumpling obsessed, we frequent Din Tai Fung far too often and whenever we travel we go dumpling crazy at the breakfast buffet!
I decided it was about time I made my own homemade dumplings. These were full of flavour and got the 5 star approval from the man that can eat 30 dumplings in one sitting.
This is such an easy recipe and you can freeze them for later use and are great for dinner party appetisers.
What you’ll need
300 grams of ground pork
1 tsp fish sauce
3 spring onions
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 springs of coriander
1/4 lemongrass stalk chopped finely
4 mint leaves
1 coriander spring
1 clove of garlic
4 shitake mushrooms soaked
1 tsp sesame oil
1 small red chilli
1/4 cup bean sprouts chopped finely
– Combine all the ingredients (minus the wrappers) in a bowl and mix until completely combined
– Add 1 1/2 tsp of the pork mixture to the centre of the dumplings
– Wet your fingers with water and smooth around the outside of the dumpling wrapper
– Wrap over the mixture like a taco and fold the wrapper pressing together the edges
– Once they are all made steam or fry desired amount for 10 minutes
– Put remainder in the freezer on a flat board and then separate into bags once frozen
– Serve with soy, chilli sauce and fresh chillies and enjoy!