The twins have been sleeping like little angels this week and napping up to 3 hours at once through the day which is great for me as it gives me a chance to get things done around the house and have a little play around with some new recipes.
Today I decided to make these amazing quinoa stuffed eggplant, Tom doesn’t like eggplant or vegetarian meals so I made these all for myself and the twins will have the other half for dinner.
This is a realIy healthy, yummy and simple recipe that you can really add any vegetable you like into the mixture.
What you’ll need
1 large eggplant
1 red onion
2 cloves garlic
1 red bell pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 tin diced tomatoes
10 basil leaves
2 thyme springs
Pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
– Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees C
– Cut the eggplant in half length ways, with a knife criss cross the middle leaving 1 cm close to the skin and then scoop out the inside with a spoon
– Set the shells aside on a tray with baking paper
– Dice red onion, mushrooms and bell pepper and mix with eggplant cubes in a bowl, add olive oil, paprika, oregano and garlic and mix
– Place eggplant mix on the tray with shells and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until eggplants are soft
– In a saucepan add tin tomatoes and chopped basil and thyme, add quinoa and stir through until heated
– Once eggplants are soft add the diced mixture to the quinoa and mix through
– Scoop quinoa mixture into the eggplant shells, top with parmesan cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted
– Serve with a side salad and enjoy!