I’m forever in need of a bit of a sweet hit in the afternoons and I usually turn to berries with granola. I always make my own granola with different types of nuts and dried fruits and today I decided to make this coconut, cacao and pecan granola – It is absolutely amazing!
This granola mixed with some fresh berries and natural yoghurt is the perfect afternoon pick me up or “healthy coco pops” breakfast and a lot healthier than store bought granolas.
I use organic raw cacao powder – which is apparently a lot healthier than cocoa powder and it gives that yummy chocolatey taste!
What you’ll need
1 1/2 cups of organic rolled oats
2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup crushed raw pecans
1/4 cup crushed raw almonds
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tbsp agave syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil
– Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees C
– Mix all the granola ingredients in a bowl
– Spread out onto a baking tray lined with baking paper
– Put in the oven for 8 minutes then mix around the granola
– Return to the oven for a further 8 minutes until golden brown
– Serve with berries and yoghurt or just with milk and enjoy!