We love doing “theme” night dinner parties in our house and this is one of our favourites – Japanese night, I make a few different Japanese dishes, we drink Sake and get merry!
We had some friends from Melbourne come to visit us this week so I made this Japanese sake and sesame beef with vegetables – with some quality sake it was perfect!
What you’ll need (serves 4)
3 large rib eye steaks
1/4 cup sake
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 clove of garlic
3 small chillies
3 spring onions
8 shitake mushrooms
8 button mushrooms
1 head of broccoli
1 large red chilli
– Add the beef, sake, soy, garlic chopped small chillies and sesame oil to a bowl and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours
– Add vegetables to a wok with a dash of soy, garlic and the red chilli and some water
– Steam fry until vegetables are just cooked, be careful not to over cook them
– Grill steaks on the BBQ until medium rare
– slice the steak into 2 cm strips
– Serve sliced beef over the vegetables and enjoy!