We had friends visiting us from Sydney recently and I decided to have a Japanese night and cooked my sake beef (https://carrotsticksandcravings.com/japanese-sake-and-sesame-beef-with-vegetables/) wasabi prawns and this amazing sashimi swirl dish which is my favourite and is always a crowd pleaser with guests.
It look so pretty on the plate and the flavours compliment each other so well. Be sure to make this for your next dinner party or Japanese night!
What you’ll need (serves 4 for a starter)
150 grams of sashimi grade salmon
150 grams of sashimi grade tuna
2 tbsp salmon roe
2 ripe avocados
1/2 juice of a lemon
2 tbsp japanese mayonnaise
2 tsp wasabi
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 spring onion
– Thinly slice the salmon and tuna and lay them out in a swirl pattern on a serving plate
– In a food processor or blender add avocados, lemon juice, mayonnaise and wasabi until it forms a smooth paste
– In a jar shake sesame oil and soy together
– Swirl the avocado mixture over the sashimi
– Top the avocado mixture with salmon roe and chopped spring onion
– Drizzle soy mixture over the sashimi, serve and enjoy!