I love pizza, who doesn’t! I usually try to avoid carbs at night but tonight I was craving pizza like crazy and have been dying to make a cauliflower pizza bases which seem to be all the rage at the moment.
I made 2 pizza bases with 2 different toppings one was pepperoni, tomato and mozzarella and the other chicken, spinach and mozzarella these were so delicious and the best thing about them is that they are pretty much guilt free.
I cant wait for the next pizza night!
What you’ll need
For the bases
1 head of cauliflower
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic
3 tbsp grated parmesan
2 chopped basil leaves
For the toppings
3 tbsp of pizza sauce for each base (see my pizza sauce recipe here https://carrotsticksandcravings.com/pizzapasta-sauce/ )
6 shreds of mozzarella per pizza
1/2 red onion
10 spinach leaves
6 slices pepperoni
handful of cooked chicken
– Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C
– Remove cauliflower stems and put all the florets in a blender or food processor, blend until crumbs are formed
– Add cauliflower crumbs to a bowl and microwave for 8 minutes on high
– Put the cauliflower in a tea towel and drain out any excess water if necessary (I didn’t need to do this this time but have made it since and have done so)
– Add parmesan, egg, oregano, garlic and basil to the cauliflower mix and kneed to combine
– Put baking paper on 2 trays and divide the mixture evenly onto both trays pressing the cauliflower out into a circle shape
– Bake for 10-15 minutes until slightly golden brown
– Remove from the oven and top with toppings of your choice
– Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown and enjoy!