In a battle to loose those last few baby weight kgs we have been on a total health kick in our house, out with my amazing mexican and greek creations that we were having daily due to my pregnancy cravings and In with lots of fresh veggies/salads and lean meats.
Im a true believer that you can eat what ever you like as long as its in moderation, we are very healthy all week and when the weekends come love nothing more than having friends over for dinner parties and of course some wines!
This salad has become a regular meal at our household, It is full of flavour and is filled with healthy goodness. I usually make a double batch of this and have it for lunches the next day too.
What you’ll need
(makes enough for 2 people)
2 eye fillet steaks
1/2 red chilli
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
Big handful of rocket leaves
Big handful of spinach leaves
1 punnett cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
3 spring onions
1 red bell pepper
handful snow peas
1 1/2 tbsp basil
1 1/2 tbsp mint
1 1/2 tbsp coriander
1 large red chilli (depending on spice preference)
1/4 cup peanuts (I roast and lightly salt mine)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp soy
1 tsp sesame oil
– Marinate beef in soy, sesame oil, crushed garlic, 1/2 chopped red chilli for min 4 hours
– Prepare the salad by washing and chopping all veggies and mixing together
– Mix lemon juice, soy and sesame oil together for the dressing
– Add finely chopped herbs and chilli and dressing and toss through the salad
– Grill steaks on BBQ or in a grill pan until cooked to your liking, let steaks rest and cut into strips
– Serve salad with beef strips and peanuts sprinkled on top and enjoy!