Apricot & Nut balls


Lately these little balls of goodness have been saving my life! I don’t know what it is with toddlers and food shaped in a ball but more often than not if its rolled into a ball they will eat it!

I tried feeding the twins chicken risotto i made the other day and forget about it, id say 80% of it ended up on the floor and the other 20% was only eaten because the promise of Mickey mouse on TV if they ate it (when will meal time not have to involve bribery?!!?) The next day I rolled it into little arancini balls, coated it in quinoa flakes and fried them lightly in coconut oil and they ate them all!

This got me thinking about other combinations I can put into bite size balls for them, my nut balls are always a huge hit and I make these religiously https://carrotsticksandcravings.com/energy-nut-balls/ but wanted to try some other combos. The twins love apricots and so do I and these are the perfect sweet afternoon snack and are so simple to make!

What you’ll need

1 cup dried apricots – chopped into pieces
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch sea salt (optional)
3/4 cup almonds
1/3 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut for rolling

How to

– In a bowl add chopped dried apricots, vanilla, coconut oil, water, honey and set aside to soak
– Chop half the nuts into small pieces and pulse the other half in the blender to form nut “flour/meal”
– In food processor or blender add the apricot mix and pulse until combined and gooey
– Mix the apricot mix with all of the nuts
– With wet hands, roll the mixture out into balls and roll in the coconut
– Keep in the fridge and enjoy as a quick snack


Share This Post
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Leave a Reply