Apologies for the lack of posts recently, what can I say life with 3 young kids just doesn’t slow down for me to catch up on much!
I have been cooking away for the family and have created lots of great new recipes that Im desperate to share with you all. We have been on a total health kick lately and these muffins are one of my fav easy to make snacks at the moment or breakfast on the run!
They’re full of goodness to get you going for the day or when you need a little snack to have in the fridge. The twins absolutely love them too so have been getting organised and making a batch at the start of every week lately.
What you’ll need (makes 10 muffins)
1 head of broccoli
1 large handful of baby spinach
1 spring of dill (or more if desired)
100grams smoked salmon
Salt and Pepper
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp capers
1/4 red onion finely diced
– Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees C and line a muffin tray with 10 muffin cases or baking paper
– Chop the broccoli into small 1-2cm sized pieces and lightly steam – be careful not to over cook you still want it slightly crunchy and bright green
– Wash and chop the spinach and dill and add to mixing bowl
– Add Chopped smoked salmon, eggs, salt, pepper and the steamed broccoli to the bowl and mix it through
– In a separate bowl mix together the ricotta, lemon juice, chopped red onion and capers together
– Spoon the egg mixture into the muffin cases only filling half way
– Add 1 tsp of the ricotta mix in the middle of the muffin cases then top with another spoon of egg mixture, filling the muffin cases
– Put in the oven for 15-18 minutes and enjoy!
-Store in the fridge for up to 5 days