Having young kids that really react to sugar (and not in the good happy way, in the crazy tear the house apart and scream for hours kind of way) I’m really conscious about not giving the kids treats with refined sugar in them. There are times where it just cant be helped at birthday parties etc but we pay for it then and generally try not to have any sugary treats or snacks in the house.
I have a mega sweet tooth and am always trying to create new recipes that are reasonably healthy and are refined sugar free for the whole family.
This chocolate nut fudge is so yummy, quick and easy to make and full of healthy ingredients – the only problem is once you make it and hubby and kids find it in the fridge it will be gone before you know it!
What you’ll need
½ cup natural smooth peanut butter
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp cacao powder
½ cup raw cashews
½ cup raw hazlenuts
– In a small saucepan over medium heat mix together peanut butter, coconut oil and honey until melted and fully combined
– Remove from heat and stir through the cacoa powder and nuts
– Line a slice tray with baking paper and pour fudge into the tray
– Cover and let fudge set in the fridge until hard
– Cut into small bite size pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge