Homemade granola is the easiest thing to make, It is so quick and so much better for you as you know exactly what goes in it. This morning the kids wanted to do baking and I’m about to go away for 2 weeks so thought I better make some granola for Tom and the kids to keep them going. Livie and I made a huge batch of this coconut and nutty granola and within 20 minutes we were all sitting down for family breakfast and 2 huge jars of granola ready to go for the next few weeks!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup chopped raw almonds
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Pre heat the oven to 160ºC and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients together and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir making sure all the dry ingredients are covered. You can add a dash more honey or coconut oil if you wish.
- Spread granola out onto baking trays and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden (making sure you are turning the granola every 5 minutes so it gets an even cook and crunch).
- Once cooled, store in an airtight jar.