I’m all about easy mid-week meals and this throw together Slow Cooker Chicken and Chickpea Curry is quickly becoming a family favourite! After weeks away holidaying, I have a lot to catch up on and slow cooker meals are perfect for busy schedules. Throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning and it will be ready by dinner time.
As I use chicken in this recipe it doesn’t need as long in the slow cooker but you could also replace with beef or lamb and cook for longer. It is mild in spice so great for introducing new flavours to little ones too – my 3 will literally lick their bowls clean eating this!
- 4 chicken thighs cubed
- 1 tin drained organic chickpeas
- 2 400ml tins organic coconut milk
- 2 400ml tins organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 large red chilli (can add chilli padi if you like more spice)
- 1 inch lemongrass finely diced
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Rind of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ butternut pumpkin cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 carrots sliced
- Torn coriander leaves and lime wedges to serve
- Add all ingredients except the lime and coriander to the slow cooker.
- Cook on auto for 4-6 hours or until chicken is falling apart.
- Serve on brown rice or quinoa and top with torn coriander and lime wedges. Enjoy!