These healthy pancakes from my first cookbook (My Creative Kitchen) are a must-try! We have these at least two times a week in my house. They’re a super easy and quick breakfast and I’ve made them so many times now I don’t even have to glance at the recipe. A great way to use ripe or over ripe bananas and a great before school breakfast for the kids or pre-workout breakfast for myself. They’re full of goodness and will keep you going all day because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, as my momma used to say 🙂
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Coconut oil for frying
- 1 cup mixed fresh summer berries
- 1 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp protein topping
- ½ tsp raw honey
- Puree banana in a blender then add to a pouring measuring jug.
- Add eggs and almond meal and whisk into the banana with a fork until fully combined. Add the cinnamon here if desired.
- Over med-high heat, add a dash of coconut oil to a non stick fry pan.
- Pour in mixture to make the pancake size you want.
- Flip pancakes when the sides start to look cooked (approx 30 seconds per side).
- Transfer cooked pancakes onto a plate and repeat process with remainder of the mixture.
- Top with washed and chopped berries, greek yoghurt, sprinkle of protein topping and drizzle of honey.
These are also great cold snacks for the kids or to set up a DIY pancake platter. For more easy and deliciously nutritious recipes like this, grab a copy of My Creative Kitchen cookbook!